15 Januar 2009

Bogong Cup Day 2: Still no task, cold front

This morning I got up early to give a radio interview to a local radio station. Exciting to be aired life when it is in a foreign language! They said they would call again during the course of the comp. Nice to find some interest in our sport!
Today we all went up to Mt Emu take off where we found still quite a strong west to northwesterly wind. No thermals, but wave like looking clouds ahead of a cloud cover line with a few drops of rain moving in. A trough line move right over our heads, cooling yesterdays hot air down - I even had to put on a jacket today!
The day was cancelled as there were no signs of thermal activity, but a lot of signs for worsening conditions. Oli testflew my glider down, as I didnt feel very confident with mammatus looking clouds above me. He said he likes that glider very much - and he found out that I had confused left and right wingtip, so the glider had a very slight turn. Lucky it was before the comp!
Tonight we are invited to dinner by the local cricket club. A great social event every year, with really good food! I always like to go there because I will meet one of the fire brigade guys who plucked me down from the eucalypt tree ages ago at the women´s world championships. Always good to be able to shout your guardian angels some drinks!

Keine Kommentare: