07 Dezember 2014

Fusion cuisine in Chennai, India, GMT +5,5

Thought I invite my Canungra team over for a party, because they helped me get to score well in the competition, so as of Dec. 1st, I am happy to be back on No. 1 in the women´s hang gliding world ranking, after I had slipped down to 3rd this year.
None of my Australian friends had time to come over to Chennai (I thought it is half way for all of us, so just fair ;)), so I just treated myself to some of the best food I ever had. South Indian food offers a beautiful variety of vegetarian dishes, and it spicy which I like a lot, even if Dr. Craig reckons I might end up on his table of ulcer surgery one day.
I tried different local dishes from the wonderful lunch buffet here in the Park Sheraton Hotel and Towers in Chennai. The Rajma Ki Galouti (kidney bean patties) were very tempting, and I also like the Carrot Poriyal (spicy carrots with chili and coconut) very much, Cabbage Kootu (mild curry with cabbage and yellow split peas) and Kai Brinjee (rice with tomato and spices) My new favourite is Vazhakai Masala, green banana with chilli and coconut, supposed to contain a lot of iron, very healthy and just supertasty!
I enhanced these wonderful curries with Norwegian spelt lomper, tasty tortillas made of spelt flour and potatoes - I know the Indians and Mexicans would love them as much as I do!
As a drink, the tropical Red Bull summer edition with flavours of mango and passionfruit was just the perfect round up for this South Indian - Norwegian - Austrian fusion cuisine, enjoyed by a German :)





Keine Kommentare: